The Unified Functional Testing Add-in integrates ALM and Quality Center with Unified Functional Testing (UFT), enabling you to do the following using Quality Center or ALM:
- Create UFT GUI tests and add them to the test plan tree
- View UFT tests
- View UFT test or component resources (such as object repositories, function libraries, and data sheets)
- View and compare details of selected UFT test and resource versions
- Launch and edit UFT tests (if UFT is installed on the same machine)
- View UFT test run results and reports
It is also recommended that you check your HPSU application (automatically installed with UFT) for any updates to the UFT Add-in for Quality Center/ALM.
Note: The functionality provided by the Unified Functional Testing Add-in is included in the Unified Functional Testing for Business Process Testing Add-in. If you have already installed the Unified Functional Testing for Business Process Testing Add-in on your ALM or Quality Center client machine, you do not need to install this add-in.
- Install UFT on your HP ALM client machine. (This optional step enables you to launch and edit tests from HP ALM.)
- Uninstall any previous versions of this add-in.
- To uninstall, choose Start – Settings- Control Panel- Add/Remove Programs and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Make sure that the .NET Framework 4.0 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed (available from Microsoft Windows Update).
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Windows Installer 3.1
- Windows Imaging Component
- Visual Studio Tools for Office System 3.0
- Runtime Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package
- Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package
- If you are installing the add-in on an HP ALM client machine and UFT 11.50 is not installed on the same machine, you must install the following from Microsoft Windows Update.
- Click the Download UFT 11.50 Add-in link to download and install this add-in on your client machine. Note that to install this add-in, you must log in with administrator privileges.
- Install the appropriate HP ALM Connectivity Add-in on your HP ALM client machine. For more information, refer to the HP Application Lifecycle Management Add-ins page.
Quality Center/ ALM Versions Supported
HP Quality Center 10.00, HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.00, and HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.50 with the ALM Integration Enablement Pack
Note: If you are installing the Unified Functional Testing 11.51 Service Pack Add-in for ALM, you must also install the Unified Functional Testing Run Results Viewer 11.51 Service Pack patch on the same computer.
Configuring Terminal Emulator in UFT