What is VBScript?
· Being a scripting language code of Vbscript is interpreted (lightweight programming language)
· VBScript is a subset of Microsoft’s programming language Visual Basic
· While it doesn’t offer the same functionality of Visual Basic, it does provide a powerful tool that can be used to add interaction to web pages.
· It uses the Component Object Model like ADO(ActiveX) object to work with databases or File SystemObject(FSO) to work with files)
· Firstly introduced in as part of the Microsoft Windows Script Technologies, launched in 1996.
· VBScript has been installed by default in every desktop release of MicrosoftWindows since Window98
· It is used to write executable functions that can be part of HTML and THUS interact with the DocumentObject Model (DOM) of the page, to perform tasks not possible in HTML alone.